Nectar Learning’s (Alchemy’s parent company) is on a mission to put people at the center of education. Our purpose is to foster empathy and compassion in education. To achieve our lofty goal we leverage data, people centric experience design, and technology to make sure every educator is empowered to be at their best and every experience is dedicated to the people in their learning community—learners, educators, leaders, and champions.
As a project manager working with us you’re dedicated to delivering a working experience that meets the standards of our partner educators. At the highest level this means that you’ll ensure that the services provided are delivered as expected– on-time and at the standard of quality required. To accomplish this, you will rely on project documents (ie. Statement of Work, Work For Hire, and schedules) to inform the delivery of our team and own the maintenance, documentation, and necessary updates in accordance with approval from leadership. You’re responsible for knowing the status of all assets at all times and logging this information in our project management systems (ie. ClickUp). Throughout the lifecycle of an engagement, you’ll own documentation of status and communication of progress (ie. tracking status, changes to timelines, or updates on delivery of assets) and expectations with our counterpart stakeholders and teammates delivering services. Additionally, you’ll deliver detailed notes to all stakeholders and facilitate scheduling key meetings and status reviews. You are primarily responsible for all communication amongst the internal, external, and client stakeholders. In this capacity you are committed to ensuring that the client must never be uninformed. A critical part of delivering success as a project manager is the constant mitigation of risk through assessment, cultivating shared awareness, and clear communication of challenges and solutions.
In this role you will…
- Implement and promote consistent PMI methodologies/standards and practices across assigned engagements and teams.
- Generate and maintain delivery schedules and task assignments using ClickUp.
- Generate reports and develop, using ClickUp, custom dashboards for assigned engagements and teams.
- Coordinate and lead internal and external meetings using agendas.
- Conduct weekly status meetings with key engagement stakeholders; primarily between engagement teams and clients.
- Ensure assigned team resources and clients follow agreed-upon schedule requirements.
- Create project charters for assigned projects.
- Document change and obtain approval from key stakeholders.
- Create and manage folders for storing assets and key documents in accordance with file storage standards and requirements.
- Archive all related documents, communication, and final deliverable assets.
- Assess risk and devise solutions for mitigating risk prior to encountering an acute issue.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders in a courteous, timely (24 hour response time), and clear manner.
- Partner and communicate with growth and platform services leaders in a transparent manner with a commitment to the belief that “news” is neither “good nor bad” but always meant to be shared.
- Foster a working community that is happy, healthy, and inclusive to improve the experience for your team!
- Contribute to the culture of caring, innovation, and collaboration that is integral to the Nectar experience!
- Passionate about improving the experience of teaching and learning.
- Committed to aligning your purpose with your work.
- Looking to work with people who thrive in building a healthy relationship between their professional and personal life experience.
- A decisive decision maker.
- A concise, confident and diligent communicator.
- An experienced project management professional.
- Detail oriented.
- A reliable professional with a demonstrable track record of consistently delivering as promised.
- A creative thinker and communicator.
- Comfortable with managing a distributed “Work From Wherever” team to successful outcomes.
- Capable of building and evolving an enriching culture with a distributed team.
- Comfortable working across multiple time zones.
- Experienced in managing multiple work streams and teams at once.
- Capable at creating and interpreting data to generate reports and metrics that impact decision making.
- Eager to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced in working with teams of multiple cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- An emphatic believer that George R.R. Martin still needs to finish the Song of Ice and Fire and Geralt of Rivia should always be portrayed by Henry Cavill.
If you read this and thought “That’s me!” to any or all of the above please submit an application, we’d love to chat!
You Might Want to Know:
- This is an evergreen opportunity that will enable you to be eligible for continuous contract opportunities.
- We’re Remote First Forever (RFF<3), while we cherish working from wherever we provide opportunities to collaborate with teammates IRL too.
- Your team works hybrid hours across multiple time-zones.
- We do travel and we ask that you accommodate occasional travel requests as needed for engagements.
- We’re committed to maintaining value based compensation that also paces with the market.
At Nectar Learning you’ll work in a community of passionate learners, learning experience professionals, and learner success coaches dedicated to changing the way the world learns. We’re “a 30 year old start-up” with the drive and innovation you’d expect of a high growth start-up but sensibilities of a legacy business.
We are committed to cultivating a humanized, inclusive and engaged workforce. As such, our success is tied to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the population of learners and educators that we serve. We actively celebrate our team members’ differing abilities, perspectives, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith and gender identity. And, we are dedicated to supporting you in your career journey.
Our organization is spread out across the world with a community that has functioned virtually since WAY before it was cool, easy, or practical… much like modern learners, we thrive in the flexibility this provides. That said, our teams love to get together and collaborate, with always accessible hubs in Los Angeles, outside New York City, and South Carolina.