Nectar, Inc. (Alchemy’s parent company) is on a mission to put people at the center of education. Our purpose is to foster empathy and compassion in education. To achieve our lofty goal, we leverage data, people-centric experience design, and technology to ensure every educator is empowered to be at their best and every experience is dedicated to the people in their learning community—learners, educators, leaders, and champions.
As a Learning Designer, you will create engaging and impactful learning experiences as part of Alchemy’s suite of products and services. You will work closely with subject matter experts and faculty members to design, develop, and deliver engaging and effective online and blended courses. Your expertise in instructional design methodologies and educational technology will contribute to creating high-quality learning materials that promote student success and engagement.
In this role, you will…
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and faculty members to design and develop online and blended courses that align with learning outcomes and pedagogical best practices.
- Apply instructional design principles to create engaging and interactive learning experiences, incorporating multimedia elements, assessments, and activities.
- Conduct needs assessments and analyzes existing course materials to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance and support to faculty members in selecting appropriate instructional strategies and technologies to enhance student learning.
- Assist in selecting and integrating educational technologies, learning management systems, and multimedia tools to facilitate effective course delivery.
- Support and guide faculty in developing engaging instructional narratives for learners and drafting storyboards for multimedia production.
- Stay current with emerging trends and research in instructional design, educational technology, and higher education pedagogy, and share this knowledge with the team and faculty members.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of instructional designers, multimedia specialists, and project managers to ensure timely and successful course development and delivery.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of courses and learning materials to assess their effectiveness and make necessary revisions and enhancements.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
- Passionate about promoting and producing impactful, inclusive learning experiences.
- Committed to aligning your purpose with your work.
- Looking to work with people who thrive in building healthy relationships between their professional and personal life experiences.
- An experienced instructional designer with 3+ years of instructional design experience in a higher education setting with a strong background (either work experience or educational credentials) in Learning Design Theory and Practice.
- Well-versed in instructional design models, learning theories, and educational technology tools and platforms.
- Experienced using quality assurance instruments or frameworks (e.g., QM, OSCQR, QLT) to inform course design.
- Proficient in using learning management systems (LMS) and multimedia authoring tools.
- A current or former instructor at a college or university who understands the demands and rewards of being an educator.
- Experienced in collaborating with subject matter experts and faculty members to develop engaging and effective learning materials.
- An excellent communicator who can build effective relationships with faculty and staff at all levels.
- Strong at project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Well-versed in Universal Design for Learning and instructional materials accessibility.
- A reliable professional with a demonstrable track record of consistently delivering as promised.
- Experienced in working with teams of multiple cultural and geographic backgrounds.
You Might Want to Know:
- This evergreen opportunity will enable you to be eligible for continuous contract opportunities.
- We’re Remote First Forever (RFF<3), while we cherish working from wherever we provide opportunities to collaborate with teammates IRL too.
- Your team works hybrid hours across multiple time zones.
- We’re committed to maintaining value-based compensation that also paces with the market.
At Nectar Inc., you’ll work in a community of passionate learning experience professionals dedicated to changing the way the world learns. We’re “a 30-year-old start-up” with the drive and innovation you’d expect of a high-growth start-up but the sensibilities of a legacy business.
We are committed to cultivating a humanized, inclusive and engaged workforce. Our success is tied to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the population of learners and educators we serve. We actively celebrate our team members’ differing abilities, perspectives, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender identity. And we are dedicated to supporting you in your career journey.
Our organization is spread out worldwide with a community that has functioned virtually since WAY before it was cool, easy, or practical… much like modern learners, we thrive in the flexibility this provides. That said, our teams love to get together and collaborate, with always accessible hubs in Los Angeles, outside New York City, and South Carolina.