The Instructional Technologist oversees the production of all technology-enabled projects and assists project teams in the selection of appropriate tools that meet the instructional goals and are compatible with existing tools and systems. Works with sales and project teams to understand the teaching/learning environment, reviews and recommends technological options, and teaches project teams how to design and build content using new technology. Is constantly cultivating knowledge of industry best practices and the innovative use of online technology.
- Job Duty 1: Manage the teams that build content in LMSs, Articulate Storyline and Rise, other technology-enabled tools, and also teams that develop video content, including video developers, motion graphic editors, and film crews, across all projects at O’Donnell Learn.
- Job Duty 2: Assist project teams in enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective educational technology innovations.
- Job Duty 3: Develop and review instructional technology processes, templates, and documentation.
- Job Duty 4: Evaluate relevant emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning and advise and/or train project teams on how to implement them.
- Job Duty 5: Assist in the recommendations for, and building of, prototypes for key projects.
- Job Duty 6: Facilitate or conduct technology-focused professional learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional or Educational Technology, Education or related field.
- At least 5 (5) years of relevant work experience as an Instructional Technologist, Instructional Developer or Instructional Designer.
- Experience with learning technology solutions and learning management systems.
- Experience with video development, including pre-production, production, and post production.
- Experience with Online Course Quality Assurance.
- Experience with various e-learning authoring software/tools, such as Articulate Rise and Storyline, and Adobe Captivate.
- Ability to research and implement appropriate new technologies.
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, according to established schedules and to complete assignments and projects, as per defined timelines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to lead, instruct, handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization, with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of communication and work productivity tools (e-mail, Slack, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software) to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Ability to promote positive morale and teamwork within the functional unit.